Bad news about the jeep, you could always put bars over all the windows and razor wire on the fences like they do here. Our branch president's wife's car was broken into this week too.
I had an pretty decent week this week. We did a reasonable amount of finding and are kind of getting into the groove that I like to be into. It is hard to adjust to every companion and help them be motivated all the time, it is easier to do w/ the young missionaries than the older ones(mission age). One thing I see in our correlation meetings is that the presidents are all there and they say "anyone want to volunteer?" and no one does. If you take the first step and schedule a time w/ a person to go by the others will follow like a domino effect. We always have to ask people on sundays what days they can go out w/ us. No one takes the initiative and steps up to the plate. You gotta set the example.
If you have questions about missionary work ask me while I am still out here, I have a lot of answers if you will put out the answers. I was very excited to see that KTM has busted out the 150, fortunately during the week I am too busy to even think about home but it is nice to think about dirt bikes once in a while. It is too bad it took me so long to get into them.
I will give you the coolest story first. They have gotten a lot less cool since I was moved away from Elder Palmer, So Saturday we baptized someone who I don't know very well, 4 weeks into the transfer but we only taught her twice. She had already been taught everything before so we basically just went and committed her to baptism and interviewed her. The next day we got a call saying one of Elder Endemann's people he had previously taught was getting baptized sunday night at 6 and we were thinking of someone to take to the baptism that was investigating the church. We thought of Chucky! He is a member referral who I taught mostly w/ Elder Bowens because he has been working a lot recently.
On the way to the baptism we joked w/ him about being baptized today, even though he was qualified and was taught everything he would always tell us "I will let you know when I am ready". So we get there real real early, saturday it took us an hour to get to couva for a baptism, sunday it took us 10 minutes. I kept wondering why everthing was going so smoothly. We got there and after a few minutes chucky said "I think I'm getting wet today." I said "are you serious?" he said yes "are you really serious?" he said yes.
We interviewed him and baptized him on the spot. He felt so good afterwards. So we had a surprise baptism of one of our investigators. He is keeping it a secret from the family he lives w/ who are members until they announce it in church. The older couple said "that will be a shock to them!" he said "I'm an electrician it has to be a shocking experience!" He is pretty hilarious and has the greatest smile and laugh of all time. Tender mercies of the Lord.
Nothing else really happened this week, we did some finding. But mostly I am trying to get the fire under my companion. He is real good at connecting w/ people, so if I can do what I am trying to do we will do amazing for the next 2 weeks. I will do my best. Pictures are coming this week, should be quite a few. If Tanya hasn't sent you her pictures of the baptism and told you that story get it from her. That was the coolest thing I have heard from home so far. Even better than the news about the 150 ktm. I will try to make next week's letter more exciting!
-Elder Risenmay
Monday, October 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment