Monday, October 27, 2008

8-25-2008 8 minutes left!

I am going to have to speed type like a madman. It took me a very long time to send all of those pictures. This week was a rather disappointing one. The entire Island of Trinidad's numbers went down. We were still the best in our district by quite a ways, but it was bad. Lots of rain, tropical depression as they call it. The good things were that we baptized Bro Maraj on saturday. We had a man named Randy Rajah who earlier in the week fell out someone's front door down a stair or two baptize him. Needless to say we can't take him teaching much anymore. He got into the font and was in line to slam Bro Marajh's head into the back of the font because of bad positioning when we stopped him. He started saying the baptismal prayer and said something like "being....holy ghost...baptize..." until we stopped him and had him say the prayer 3 times over until he got it right. He then dunked him under 4 times to finally get everything right. It was quite the freak show but in the end he was baptized and confirmed a member of the church. Right after the baptism I was walking out the door and Elder Palmer yells "Go inside and check and make sure everything is turned off!" So I walk in and look around the building and the door slams from the wind. I go over to open the door from the inside and it doesn't work like that, as soon as I turned the knob I burst out laughing. We definitely were not in sight and sound for a little bit. Most of the time was spent looking out those bars in the picture, and he just got his birthday package so he was handing me pieces of jerky through the bars. It was pretty entertaining.Mira in the picture finished the book of mormon, she was the one who read 166 pages in a week. She also had a dream about a blue rectangular pool that she was in and she didn't know why. We showed her the picture of the font the next day. If all goes well we will be baptizing 4 on Saturday which would put us at 6 for the transfer. That will be awesome, I will work hard towards it. Out of time

No comments: