We had just about the most amazing week of all time. We completely shattered the Member Lesson record in all of Trinidad. We hit 35 this week and the old record was 23. We also got 26 new investigators. There are 4 sets of companions in our district, all 3 of their numbers combined barely meets our New investigator count and doesn't meet our member lesson count. Elder Palmer said this was the hardest working week of his life, I hope I am working him hard enough! We are also having a lot of fun. We have each other laughing almost the whole time we walk anywhere. This has definitely been an amazing transfer so far. Especially considering that Elder Palmer has only been out 5 months and me for 2, We are by far the youngest(mission wise) companionship in Trinidad, if not the whole mission. I have some amazing stories this week so be prepared.
So 2 things have really stuck out to me that Seth said to me before I left as advice. 1 was the find the good in companions, that has helped me a whole lot both transfers. He said there is something I need to learn each transfer and once I learn it I will have success, I definitely saw that last transfer. We are still working on that this transfer. The second one was to pray for miracles, here are my stories of it working...
Samuel and Sita have been Eternal Investigators for a while. He has made a lot of progress... I have been really diving into the scriptures recently and writing 1/2 page to a whole page of notes per chapter and taking about 20 minutes to get through 1 chapter. I have seen so many instances of the power of prayer in the scriptures that I decided to put it into effect. Saturday we decided we would pray before and after we teach each lesson, also twice during the lesson. Saturday in my prayer for Sita I asked for the ministering of angels, that she would recieve an undeniable answer of what she should do. We came back on tuesday and she said she had a dream on saturday(same day I prayed) where a man walked up to her and said "Do you want to be saved?" she said yes he said "Are you sure?" she said yes. He proceeded to tell her in the dream that she needed to be baptized w/o her husband because he will not progress. You tell me if that is not the ministering of angels and an undeniable answer! Unfortunately she is going directly against the commandments of God through her dream and will not do it. We dropped her quicker than Bubba Stewart on the last lap. The Lord can't force anyone to do anything but He can give them an amazing answer!
We also taught Joseph Lawrence recently we found him. We prayed and then called him. He said during the lesson that ever since we called he has felt different, the next time we went by he kept talking to us about his dreams that he has been having since we came by. In his dreams he is always lost and trying to find his way to San Fernando, the farthest he got was to High Street but he was still lost. Cherub Street is off of High Street, that is where the church is and where the baptismal font is. In San Fernando.
We are also teaching a young couple that has a kid but is not married. The first lesson we challenged them to baptism like we always do, Sabita the wife chuckled. Afterwards we prayed for the spirit to be stronger than she has ever felt and that it would be undeniable. The next time we came she talked about how different she feels every time we come over and accepted baptism as soon as they are married. The next time after that we came she had read the chapter we left to read 3-4 times and had about 6 or 7 questions written down to ask us what things meant. She went more in depth than I even would have probably.
Another person we taught was named Anne Marie. The day before we came she basically told us the Lord had put scriptures into her mind so that she knew that when we came whatever we said would be true. She said in her own words "I was prepared by the Lord to meet with you".
I challenge any missionary to pray for miracles, pray sincere, and pray more. I guarantee you will see a difference. But the Lord can't force anyone to do anything, but He will give them an answer that is undeniable! Amazing week.
-Elder Risenmay
Monday, August 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment