Monday, August 18, 2008

8-18-2008 Yet Again

 

 

 


Be prepared for the most amazing story of your entire life. So we have been working this week on talking to everyone in our path to our appointments, we talked to a guy named John and set up an appointment. We went by him and his cousin Valerie and the 1st lesson went pretty normal, nothing amazing didn't seem too interested. 2nd lesson we came back and neither of them had kept their commitment to read or pray, so we watched the restoration movie. During the movie I was praying in my heart plenty for the Spirit to do some touching. I felt it pretty strong during and afterwards Valerie decided to tell us about her "Spiritual Breakthrough" which I was pretty skeptical about at first because I have heard plenty crazy things that is for sure. She goes on to tell us that 5 years ago her husband died, and 3 years ago she had a dream. In the dream her and husband were running around in a beautiful garden and he was wearing white shirt and pants and then he said come live with me in paradise(Alma 40:11-22) forever but first you have to put on a white dress. We were instantly amazed and talked to her about temple marriage and she was in tears and the Spirit was amazingly strong. So we are amazed by this point so personal study the next day we filled with finding white dresses that people wear in the temple. We go back the 3rd time and we have a preparing to enter the temple book and plenty pictures of white dresses. We show her pictures of some of the rooms with garden pictures thinking that is what she meant by the garden. We showed her the creation room of the Salt Lake Temple and she said those are the same pews(Benches) and we said what do you mean? She said "Well he said come and live w/ me in Paradise forever but first you have to put on a white dress and we need to watch a movie" Instantly I was totally amazed and Elder Palmer and I looked at each other right away and explained that in the creation room we watch a movie to go through the temple. Then she told us "After the dream I woke up but then I went into a trance, a man in white led me up some stairs through 3 different rooms but I never saw his face" we asked her to describe the rooms, she said "well there were colors of pink and light blue and after the dream nothing ever looks good anymore because the rooms were so beautiful" we showed her the pictures of the terrestrial and celestial room of the Salt Lake Temple and they were the exact rooms she saw in her vision. She saw the inside of the Salt Lake Temple before I did, and I have actually been through it! We asked her if she would be baptized, she said "I guess I'll have to". If that isn't a miracle and the biggest testimony to the truthfulness of this work I am sent on I don't know what is. She also lives next door to one of the strongest members and somehow we were the only missionaries to connect w/ her enough for her to tell us the dream. She is depressed since she died, I think she connected plenty because I was depressed a while back. Miracles.

This Sunday was the best sunday of my mission. 6 investigators at church, Mira the girl who read 166 pages of the Book of Mormon along with her dad(Ice Cream) and her Sister Kelly all came to church today. The Dad commited to a hard date of baptism on the 30th and the other 2 we are working on. Mira read the whole strength of youth between church and when we went over there at 7. Things are going plenty well.

We also met a lady named Shirley on saturday and walked w/ her to church on Sunday. She wants all of her children to be sent missionaries and has already reffered us to her tenants and came to church and commited to baptism and we didn't even ask her for refferals. No amazing dreams, but amazing commitment. She also read the tract we left.

The bad news is the my 1st baptism Bro Rambharose backslid like crazy in just 2 days. He has been to every movie night and every church and been teaching w/ us 2 or 3 times since he was baptized. He missed church yesterday and avoided us when we tried to go visit him, fortunately no one can hide from missionaries and we tracked him down. Hopefully he will get back on the right path, but right now he is somewhat anti church.

President Robison sent us "Great job, you make a great team" and he hasn't sent me anything before this. Apparently we are pretty favored right now, we are destroying everyone as far as numbers go but we are finally understand how to use our time right and work our days effectively. Things are amazing.

-Elder Risenmay
Posted by Picasa

No comments: