Sunday, June 1, 2008

MTC 5-21-2008

5-21-2008

Dear Parents,

Today has been an interesting day. I thought I wouldn't cry when I said goodbyes, but Heidi was 2nd in line and hugged me so I shed a tear or two!

Since 1:00 when I got here I have been busy every minute of the day. The thing I dreaded most was meeting my companion, but it worked out well. My companion is Elder Bryan and he is about 6' 6" or so, but he looks taller than that. He is from Idaho and is 20 also so he took awhile to get out also, but he is here for the right reasons.

He was made the senior companion so it is a great time to let him know that I want him to expect me to be perfect on mission rules and study every chance I get. So far it is amazing having so many opportunities to learn, so many chances to feel the spirit.

I wondered in which ways the amazing Elders differed from the average ones and I can see that it is in the working every minute and exact obedience.

This is going to be amazing. Expect nothing less from me than spectacular. Le me know if you see a problem in my attitude from my letters. I am open to criticism!



Elder Risenmay

No comments: