Tuesday, June 10, 2008

6-10-2008 Trinidad

You may not believe it but I am now in Trinidad. We landed in Trinidad last night at 8 PM(Eastern time is the time here) and spent 2 hours standing in line for immigration purposes. We had the chance to talk to a very interesting person named Arrol and gave him a Book of Mormon. He has had some interesting spiritual experiences that took him from being a Vice President in a company to bailing on all of the money and publicity and going to be an inspirational speaker on Bible principles. I have already met a few amazing people so far. President Robison we met and he is going to interview me when I get back to the mission home. We had french toast and sausage and had some mango, it is a wierd taste but it is pretty amazing at the same time. Tastes NOTHING like the mango we had in Oregon. It is pretty extremely hot, it feels like it is 120 degrees outside I don't know how hot it actually is. It is pretty humid too, even in the shade you feel a lot hotter than you would in Oregon right now. There are 14 Elders that flew in with me last night so we had a packed house. It will be interesting to see what everyone is like. My biological clock is used to getting up earlier than everyone because me and Elder Bryan got up early for an extra 1/2 hour of study every morning so I was up studying for 1.5 hours before anyone even got up. President Robison turned on the light for me because I was studying in the dark, I think I got browny points without trying! I just woke up when my body told me to. But yeah, it is really really hot outside and we have a long day of orientation and work. I am not sure when my P-Day will be so we will see when I can write back. I also do not know the rules on E-mail yet and I am not willing to break a rule I don't know, so I will ask President Robison when he interviews me when I get back. E-mail might be my only way of contact, don't send packages by the way. They won't get to me. I can't even fly to the other islands with a camera in my luggage, I have to keep it with me or it will get stolen by the airport workers. Pretty crazy. I meet my trainer tomorrow so you will know soon what he is like as well as I. I really hope I get a good one. I am going to make sure he knows how willing to work I am, and try and push us beyond anything the mission has ever seen before. We may have our weaknesses as a companionship but we will not be outworked! Hopefully he has a similar attitude :P Everyone talks really fast and pretty accented, it is not easy to understand. There has been a lot of repeating already. I am going to have a crazy accent when I get back. Work on those committments!
-Elder Risenmay

No comments: